Jira Administration Part 2 (Team Virtual)
This course follows on from the Jira Administration Part 1 course. It continues the same case study and goes deeper into the administration tasks covered in Part 1, focusing on Jira Software and Jira Core.
This course will explore more complex schemes (only permission and notification schemes were covered in Part 1), more advanced workflow configuration as well as board and sprint permissions. The course is structured around a case study where an organization creates a set of configurations and schemes to apply to new projects and existing in progress projects. Real world examples and and best practices are emphasized.
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Ask stakeholders the right questions to extract the business requirements
- Map business requirements to Jira configurations
- Create issue types, fields, and screens to make it easy for your teams to get their work done
- Customize workflows to match how your teams work
- Configure who can manage sprints and administer boards
- Create a set of standard schemes and configurations to use for new and existing projects
- Establish Jira administration best practices
- Be a Jira Superhero!
This course is designed for new Jira Software Administrators who administer Jira Software and/or Jira Core.
- Jira Essentials or Jira Essentials with Agile Mindset
- Jira Administration Part 1
Note: If it's been a while since you attended Jira Administration Part 1, you might want to review the materials before this class
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
- Mapping your business requirements into Jira
- Configuring issue types, fields, screens and their associated schemes
- Customizing workflows with conditions, validators, and post functions
- Configuring board and sprint permissions
- Applying configurations to new and existing projects