- Why NGINX and How it Compares to the Alternatives
- Installing NGINX
- Configuring NGINX
- Processing requests and working with server blocks
- Building NGINX from source
- Using log files for debugging
- Load balancing, reverse proxy, caching and other common use cases
- Take home exercise
NGINX Fundamentals is aimed at System Administrators who are new to NGINX, but have a foundational understanding of web server set up and configuration.
Before signing up for NGINX Fundamentals, it recommended that you have some experience with using the command line and basic Unix commands.
This includes but is not limited to the following:
- You are familiar with sudo and understand what root access means
- vim, or your preferred text editor in Ubuntu or similar
In addition, if you are using a machine with a Windows OS, it is required to have Putty installed, or a VMWare player with a Linux OS installed on it.