Realizing the Power of Jira Reporting and Dashboards (Team Virtual)
You'll learn how to use Jira Software's out-of-the box reporting and dashboard capabilities to view and assess progress and bottlenecks within projects. In hands-on exercises, you'll create and configure a project dashboard and learn how to configure dashboard gadgets. You'll also learn how to read Jira Software reports, configure a wallboard, and create a multi-project dashboard. The course discusses dashboard best practices and pitfalls and how to ensure your reporting reflects the right metrics at the right time. This course should put you on the path to using one of Jira Software's core strengths: displaying project status visually on fully customizable dashboards.
Should Cloud customers take this course? It depends. What you learn in this course about Jira reports and dashboards applies to Jira Cloud. However, the UI and navigation in the course differ from the Cloud product you have. If you are OK with this, then you will benefit from taking this course.
After attending this course, attendees should be able to:
- Create and configure reports
- Create reports to answer business questions
- Configure appropriate access to reports
- Create and configure dashboards
- Create gadgets and dashboards to answer business questions
- Use filters as the data sources for dashboards
- Create and configure Wallboards
- Share dashboards
- Read and interpret reports and gadgets
- Select the appropriate report/gadget to answer a question, given a scenario
- Use a Jira gadget within Confluence
Basic familiarity of Jira SW to include:
- Navigating through the UI
- Viewing Boards
- Viewing Issues
- Basic understanding of Jira Workflows
- Basic understanding of Jira Filters to include
- Sharing filters with other Jira users
- Setting filter permissions
- Using the Advanced JQL editor to enter filter queries
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review our Technical FAQ sections page here.
- Jira/Confluence report integration
- Jira filters as gadget data sources
- Sharing Jira information